Career OpportunitiesCome Join Our Team!
Position: Optometric/Optical Technician
We are growing and in need of an outgoing, friendly person to join our team! This position will be for an Optometric/Optical Technician. Ideal candidates should have a compassionate and friendly personality, be able to process and apply new skills and concepts in a fast-paced medical office setting and be comfortable with some retail sales and basic mathematical calculations.
Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare patient to see the doctor
- Take detailed case history and medical history
- Take measurements and complete patient pre-tests
- Develop relationships with patients
- Chart the patient’s findings in their electronic health record
- Send patient communications to other physicians
- Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and proper handling of their contact lenses
- Will be the contact for patients that are trialing new contact lenses
- Present contact lens buying options to patients
- Order contact lenses
- Maintain trial contact lens inventory
- Notify patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing
- Dispense contact lenses and eyewear
- Be able to check patients out
- Apply patient insurance benefits to an order
- Answer questions about patient’s insurance
- Process patient payments
- Schedule patient appointments
- Complete contact lens verification requests
- Complete medical records requests
- Clean and maintain the clinical area, cleaning equipment between patients and at the end of each day.
Will cross-train to help in the Optical boutique. Will assist the Optician by helping patients choose frames and fitting them for the patient. The ideal candidate must be able to talk to patients about their insurance benefits and the cost of eyewear and services provided in the office. You will educate the patient on lenses, lens coatings, and frames and will make recommendations to the patient.